Alfa Laval Pharma-line is a high-quality tubular heat exchanger for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. The leak-proof design and smooth surface finishes help protect against contamination and is ideal for the strictest hygienic conditions in applications such as Water-for-Injection (WFI), heating and cooling Purified Water (PW) and product heating/cooling. The shell and tube heat exchanger can be mounted on the floor, wall or ceiling and is compliant with USP and cGMP requirements.
Superior materials and hygienic design, embodying decades of experience in pharma
- Double-tube sheet(DTS) avoids risk of cross-contamination
- Very low risk for cracks and thermal fatigue as U-shaped tubes accommodate thermal expansion
- Fully drainable heat exchanger, no dead areas and seamless, smooth crevice-free design with max 0,5µm surface roughness
- Fully customizable owing to smart flexible design of feet and mounting options
- Small footprint - U-tubes decrease the length of our hygienic heat exchanger by half
Pharma-line shell and tube heat exchanger is designed to operate at pressures up to 10 bar and operating temperatures of 150°C. It is easy to drain and clean and features leakage detection. It is fully drainable on the product side, with no dead spots and has vent and drain possibilities on the utility side. The hygienic heat exchanger also comes with a high-quality documentation package as standard.
Pharma-line heat exchanger range
Pharma-line is available in two product lines. Both lines consist of a standard range of U-tube designed Pharma-lines.
- Standardized series with 21 standard models with capacity ranging from 300 l/h to approx. 16000 l/h depending on application
- PED certified
- TSG approval (acc.to Safety Technical regulations, China) can be provided.
- Standard connections and dimensions predefined for performance optimization
- Available with or without insulation.
- Premium specification available in 27 standard models with a capacity range from 300 l/h to approx. 44 000 l/h depending on application
- Customized tubular heat exchanger design such as multi-pass available upon request
- Several connection options available
- Can be designed in accordance with PED, ASME (with U-stamp as an option)
- TSG approval (acc. to Safety Technical regulations, China) can be provided as needed